The Office of Assessment, Reporting and Program Evaluation is a part of the Instructional Department of Frederick County Public Schools. This office is responsible for administering the Virginia Assessment Program and local assessment programs, reporting results from these assessments, maintaining non-fiscal student-related data, and providing data and statistics about student demographics, instruction, curricula and support services to division decision makers.
Administering State and Local Assessments
The state and local assessments that are supervised by this office include
- Standards of Learning (SOL) Tests
- Virginia Alternative and Alternate Assessments for Special Populations (VAAP, VGLA, VSEP, and VMAST)
- Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English
- Language Learners (ACCESS for ELLs)
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening (PALS)
- Virginia Algebra Readiness Diagnostic Test (ARDT)
Other assessments are administered in the division to assess student knowledge and skills about technology and for industry certification. These tests are not supervised by this office.