The Office of the Coordinator of Policy and Communications sends out media releases and a weekly news tip sheet to all area media outlets describing newsworthy events and success stories in our school system. Story ideas that may appeal to the media include:
- Installing new equipment or technology for student learning
- Specialized training (teacher or student)
- Human interest stories involving an individual student, staff or family
- Specific school, department or classroom activities
- Outstanding student/staff achievement or recognition
- Creating a new program
- Activities/events that benefit the community
To submit a story idea to the media that could generate a news story and/or photo opportunity, please complete the form below and submit. Media contacts regarding Public Service Announcements (fundraising events, PTO meetings, etc.) should be handled by the individual schools. If you have any questions, please contact Steve Edwards at ext. 88235 or Amy Scott at ext. 88169.
Note: Notification to media is sent every Friday morning. For your news submission to be included it must be received by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday.